We want to make it very clear that we do not believe in living our lives according to lists. We are not prone to unbiblical legalism. But unfortunately, everyone else is. Since you, our readers, are the weaker brothers here, we decided to provide you with some of our lists that will help you become more like us in our biblical legalism.
- Can you see her collarbone? Immodest and indecent.
- Does her sleeve end more than three inches above her elbow? Borderline immodest.
- Sleeveless? Just kidding! We know that you would never dream of letting your wives or daughters dress like a prostitute.
- When she stands up straight with her arms down and her fingertips touching her legs, does her skirt end above her ankles? Immodest.
- Is she wearing loose-fitting pants? In her own home, borderline. Anywhere outside the home, offensive.
- Not an issue.
- Was it made before 1965? It's more than likely all right.
- Was it made after 1965? It's more than likely not all right. Exception is The Princess Bride.
- Disney movies? Made before 1975, probably all right.
- Rated G? Make sure you watch it first.
- Rated PG? Make sure you dub out all offensive material.*
- Rated PG-13? Obtain the permission of your church elders, or Quivers of Men. We are sure it goes without saying that PG-13 movies in general are only acceptable if the rating is for war violence.
- Rated R? Remember, R stands for WRONG.
- Outings to movie theaters? Only as a family.
- Was it written in or before the 19th century? Acceptable.
- Was it written in the 20th century? Make sure you thoroughly listen to it first.
- Was it written in the 21st century? No approval. No exceptions.
We hope you all are having a blessed December! We are sure that you will all have a very uneventful rest of the month, and in case we don't post again before then, have a happy New Year!
In the service of the Lord,
Quivers of Men
*For our list of offensive material, contact us privately.